Please read and share
Recently the 5 Leviathan titles(10th sub-level of Suicide,Tentacles of Whorror, Howl Mockery at the Cross,Silhouette in Splinters,And Massive Conspiracy Against All Life)initially released through Moribund Cult are now being reissued by Back on Black/Plastichead.
The Blind Wound was NEVER a Moribund title and this license does not even exist.
These reissues were agreed upon and conceived with Leviathan /Wrest’s knowledge whatsoever.
Leviathan hasn’t had a hand in the design and these will most likely be I’m complete and without art like over half of the reissues Funeral Industries repressed a few years ago.
Leviathan has received absolutely no compensation nor physical copies of these records.
This is yet another instance of Moribund shopping the licensing for these titles around without the artist’s knowledge and/or consent.
Supporters, record stores, labels, and distributors are urged to steer clear of these counterfeit BOOTLEGS and boycott these titles!
TO: WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
RE: Moribund Records Leviathan LP Catalog License(s) to Back on Black
I would like to clarify the FACTS regarding Moribund Records’ recent Leviathan LP catalog Licenses to Back on Black.
1. All five of these albums were recorded under an exclusive recording contract between Moribund Records and Leviathan that was entered into and signed willingly by both parties. Moribund Records further advised Mr. Whitehead to seek private legal counsel prior to entering into the contract. Mr. Whitehead was an adult of sound mind at the time, and eagerly signed the aforementioned contract. It is public knowledge that Mr. Whitehead was engaged in prior contracts and endorsements and was familiar with contract fulfillment.
See included e-mail from Mr. Whitehead to Back on Black where Mr. Whitehead openly states he signed the exclusive recording agreement.
2. Moribund Records is the Sound Recording owner to all five of the following albums by the artist Leviathan: "The Tenth Sublevel of Suicide", "Tentacles Of Whorror", "Howl Mockery at the Cross", "Massive Conspiracy Against All Life", "A Silhouette In Splinters";
We paid for the studio recording, cover artwork, graphic design, album mastering, etc to all five albums. Our agreement grants Moribund Records Mr. Whitehead’s consent and the full legal right to press, license or delete any of the albums as the market demands and the label deems appropriate.
It has always been our intention to sell as many albums as possible so that we may earn as much royalties as possible for ALL Moribund Records artists, including leviathan.
3. All five of the Leviathan albums have been LICENSED to Back on Black, not sold to them. Mr. Whitehead will be accounted for and paid for all sales and royalties accrued from these licenses on his next royalty period per our exclusive recording contract.
4. Mr. Whitehead’s recent claims regarding these five Leviathan LP’s licensed from Moribund Records to Back on Black are blatant, slanderous lies. Mr. Whitehead should be fully aware of this being a breach of his release agreement with Moribund Records.
5. Mr. Whitehead further has attempted to extort additional royalties directly from Back on Black which shows a severe lack of moral character. See included e-mail from Mr. Whitehead to Back on Black.
6. Mr. Whitehead is only lowering / hurting his own future royalty income by falsely stating that these LP’s are bootlegs, as lower sales directly results in lower album royalties to the artist.
7. Mr. Whitehead has repeatedly broken his original exclusive recording contract with Moribund Records, as well as his release agreement with Moribund Records (where we released him from 3 additional new albums he was under contract for).
8. We have attempted to contact Mr. Whitehead on multiple occasions to include his input for any licenses of the leviathan albums. We would welcome Mr. Whitehead’s participation. Mr. Whitehead never responds, so we must proceed without his input.
9. Black on Black have subsequently decided NOT to release these titles and they will now be issued via Moribund Records directly. We will continue to work with Back On Black on other Moribund titles and if anything this sorry situation has only galvanized our relationship.
I would like to apologize to all staff at PHD, Back on Black and associated companies for Mr. Whitehead’s unprofessional and disgraceful behavior.
Thanks to all readers in advance for your open minded and impartial judgement based on the actual facts at hand.
Extremely limited edition 7" EP from LEVIATHAN. These were pressed as a bonus item to be included in the deluxe edition Leviathan 'The First Sub-Level of Suicide' picture LP, and the copies available here are from the vinyl over run (of which there were roughly 125 of, 100 units have been made available here) This singular version of the 7" comes in a hand-screen printed jacket with a blue Leviathan crescent moon symbol on the front side and a small red AMM logo symbol on the back. The EP itself features the track "Withered Upon Her Kingdom of Was" on side A, and on the B-side there is a screen-printed image of the Leviathan crescent moon in white ON THE VINYL ITSELF!! Really neat package.